Pokemon G/S Lance Battle Pokemon G/S Lance Battle

Nice!

When I heard the intro I thought I was gonna say something like "all you did was .. copy the original and make it echo," but I'm glad you did more with it :P Nice sounds, well mixed and all that too.

Burn7 responds:

Lol I didn't even copy the midi file, I wrote the whole 8-bit part based on a Youtube video.

But I'm glad you liked it. Maybe check out the final? Because it's sexier? And it loops? :P

You don't have to, just thought if you liked this one you'd like that one better.

Raiden Remix - Anthouse21 Raiden Remix - Anthouse21

not bad

Not bad at all, like the composition, but the bass clips almost every kick, making it sound a bit too loud (it blares a bit). The strings you have as backup are pretty slow and could have a faster attack rate; some of the stuff they're doing is a bit too fast for the sample I think. Otherwise a good song though.

Carf - TestDrive (VGMusic) Carf - TestDrive (VGMusic)

bassy

When I first heard the beginning of this, I thought "man that's bassy, bet it'll overpower everything in the song." Well, I wasn't quite right, everything actually sounds pretty good; I especially like the snare drum you're using, very crisp. Nice synths as well, pretty groovy song. My only two complaints are that the MP3 compression is evident on the cymbals and the brass sounds a bit too reverb-heavy for me, but it isn't drowning in it or anything. Great job!

I Dream of the City I Dream of the City

too loud

The song isn't that bad, it does basically what I'd expect, but I can imagine a better version with some better volume control. This sounds really blarey and hurts my ears.

Super Mario Castle Super Mario Castle

Not terrible, but could use some work

The source material is a favorite of mine, so I might be picky. Some problems I had with this mix was the lack of a real climax to it. Sure, it does have a climax as the original song did, but there's nothing to indicate that it's there. The instruments just keep plodding along. Sometimes the backing chords don't go with the current melody line being played and it sounds a bit out of place. This piece just doesn't have great dynamics for me.

However, you didn't get any of the parts of the song outright wrong, and unlike many songs on this site, there's no ridiculous clipping or any issues like that, so I won't blast it :P I do like the bass in the second half and how it sounds like the original's.

Love, Midna Love, Midna

good song

Good assortment of songs, nice instruments, and the in-game sounds are used tastefully. This is a keeper.

VGSongbird responds:

Thank You.
I try for the best.
And I'm glad you liked it. :)